Currently, I’m working at CONNECT – the Science Foundation Ireland Research Centre for Future Networks and Communications as Marie Skłodowska-Curie EDGE Postdoctoral Fellow. The project is named COCODIMM: Complexity and Control of (Distributed) Massive MIMO. In brief, we are observing Massive MIMO from the perspective of complex systems science and looking for the ways to exploit complex behaviours accordingly. The project supervisor is Assist. Prof. Nicola Marchetti, PhD and the co-supervisor is Research Fellow Irene Macaluso, PhD. A lot of work in this project is in the field of reversible computation, and the study is not restricted to radio communication: acoustic underwater communication and molecular communications are of interest as well.
In the past, I was doing research in rather diverse fields, including dynamical systems and chaos (my bachelor and master theses), vibration signal processing (my PhD thesis), modelling and control, (applied) functional analysis, mobile robotics, embedded systems. Some of the results can be found in the publication list below.
I was an active member of the IC1405 COST Action on Reversible Computing, and I have recently joined the CA15220 COST Action on Quantum Technologies in Space and CA18232 COST Action on Mathematical Models for Interacting Dynamics on Networks.
- Siljak, H., de Rosny, J. and Fink, M., 2020. Reversible Hardware for Acoustic Communications, IEEE Communications Magazine.
- Barros, M. T., Siljak, H., Ekky, A. and Marchetti, N., 2019. A Topology Inference Method of Cortical Neuron Networks based on Network Tomography and the Internet of Bio-Nano Things, IEEE Networking Letters. [PDF]
- Šiljak, H., Psara K. and Philippou, A., 2019. Distributed Antenna Selection for Massive MIMO using Reversing Petri Nets. IEEE Wireless Communications Letters 8 (5), 1427-1430. [PDF]
- Šiljak, H., Macaluso I. and Marchetti, N., 2018. Distributing Complexity: A New Approach to Antenna Selection for Distributed Massive MIMO. IEEE Wireless Communications Letters 7 (6), 902-905. [PDF]
- Šiljak, H., 2018. Soviet Street Mathematics: Landau’s License Plate Game. Mathematical Intelligencer 40 (2), 64-66.
- Siljak, H., Subasi, A. and Upadhyaya, B. R., 2018. Hardware implementation of auto-mutual information function for condition monitoring. Computers & Electrical Engineering 66, 30-39. [PDF]
- Šiljak, H. and Subasi, A., 2018. Berthil cepstrum: a novel vibration analysis method based on marginal Hilbert spectrum applied to artificial motor aging. Electrical Engineering, 100(2), pp.1039-1046. [PDF]
- Hasicic, M., Bilic, D. and Siljak, H., 2017. Criteria for Solar Car Optimized Route Estimation. Microprocessors and Microsystems, 51, pp.289-296. [PDF]
- Šiljak, H., 2015. The Cantor Trilogy. Journal of Humanistic Mathematics, 5(1), pp.299-310. [PDF]
- Siljak, H. and Subasi, A., 2014. Fourier spectrum related properties of vibration signals in accelerated motor aging applicable for age determination. Eksploatacja i Niezawodność, 16(4). [PDF]
- Šiljak, H. and Subasi, A., 2014. A novel approach to Hurst analysis of motor vibration data in aging processes. Journal of Vibroengineering, 16(5). [PDF]
- Šiljak, H., 2014. Inverse matching-based mobile robot following algorithm using fuzzy logic. International Journal of Robotics and Automation, 29(4). [PDF]
- Siljak, H., 2014. Normed Trek. The Mathematical Intelligencer, 3(36), pp.53-55.
- Šiljak, H. and Şeker, S., 2014. Hurst analysis of induction motor vibrations from aging process. Balkan Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2(1). [PDF]
- Jurić, Ž. and Šiljak, H., 2013. Weak limits and their calculation in analog signal theory. COMPEL-The international journal for computation and mathematics in electrical and electronic engineering, 32(3), pp.1009-1029.
- Juric, Z. and Siljak, H., 2011. A new formula for the number of combinations and permutations of multisets. Applied Mathematical Sciences, 5(17-20), pp. 875-881. [PDF]
- Šiljak, H., 2011. How Many Non-combinatorialists Does it Take to Solve a Tiling Problem?. Jurnalul Matematic Aradean, 3(1). [PDF]
- Šiljak, H., 2009. Centroids and Tiling Problems. Mathematical Reflections, 4(5).
- Philippou, A., Psara, K. and Siljak, H. 2019, June. Controlling Reversibility in Reversing Petri Nets with Application to Wireless Communications. In International Conference on Reversible Computation, RC 2018, 346-352. Springer. [PDF]
- Siljak, H. 2018, September. Reversibility in space, time, and computation: the case of underwater acoustic communications. In International Conference on Reversible Computation, RC 2018, 346-352. Springer. [PDF]
- Zaimović, S., Šiljak, H. and Jokić D., 2018, May. Artificial Colloquist: Treating Social Anxiety Disorder Using Altera FPGA. 15th IFAC Conference on Programmable Devices and Embedded Systems PDeS 2018, in IFAC-PapersOnLine 51(6), pp. 336-341.
- Šiljak, H., Hivziefendić, J. and Kevrić, J., 2017, May. An extended model of a level and flow control system. In Information and Communication Technology, Electronics and Microelectronics (MIPRO), 2017 40th International Convention on (pp. 603-607). IEEE.
- Bilić, D., Hasičić, M. and Šiljak, H., 2016, October. Practical implementation of solar car optimized route estimation. In Telecommunications (BIHTEL), 2016 XI International Symposium on (pp. 1-5). IEEE. [PDF]
- Hasičić, M., Bilić, D. and Šiljak, H., 2016, June. Sensor fusion for Solar Car Route Optimization. In Embedded Computing (MECO), 2016 5th Mediterranean Conference on (pp. 456-459). IEEE. [PDF]
- Juric, Z. and Siljak, H., 2013, October. Novel matrix-based improvement of nodal analysis for circuits with singularities. In Information, Communication and Automation Technologies (ICAT), 2013 XXIV International Symposium on (pp. 1-8). IEEE.
- Jurić, Ž. and Šiljak, H., 2013, May. One variant of self-tuning DC motor adaptive controller. In Information & Communication Technology Electronics & Microelectronics (MIPRO), 2013 36th International Convention on (pp. 936-941). IEEE.
- Šiljak, H. and Velagić, J., 2012, July. A novel algorithm for following of moving target in outdoor mobile robot environment based on inverse matching. In Control & Automation (MED), 2012 20th Mediterranean Conference on (pp. 548-554). IEEE.
- Velagic, J., Osmic, N., Hodzic, F. and Siljak, H., 2011, September. Outdoor navigation of a mobile robot using GPS and GPRS communication system. In ELMAR, 2011 Proceedings (pp. 173-177). IEEE.
- Cunha, M.A., Koutavas, V., Lanese, I., Mezzina, C.A., Miszczak, J.A., Schlatte, R., Schultz, U.P., Siljak, H., Thomsen, M.K. and Vidal, G., 2017. COST Action IC1405 Reversible computation State of the Art Report (Working Group 2: Software and Systems). [PDF]
- Ferreira, C., Kuhn, S., Lanese, I., Schordan, M., Schultz, U.P., Šiljak, H., Ulidowski, I., Wille, R. and Zulehner, A., 2017. COST Action IC1405 Reversible Computation Extending Horizons of Computing Working Group 4—Report on Case Studies Grant Period 2 report. [PDF]
- PEN Team, 2009. Problems in Elementary Number theory (Volume 2, Issue 1). [PDF]
- Šiljak, H., 2015. New Approaches based on the Fourier and Hilbert Spectra for Condition Monitoring Studies. PhD Thesis. Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department, International Burch University Sarajevo
- Šiljak, H., 2012. Planiranje energetski povoljnih trajektorija za svemirske letjelice uz koristenje teorije dinamickih sistema. MoEE Thesis. Automatic Control and Electronics Department, University of Sarajevo.
- Šiljak, H., 2010. Upravljanje haosom na primjeru kola Chue. BoEE Thesis. Automatic Control and Electronics Department, University of Sarajevo.
Publications in languages other than English
- Šiljak, H., 2011. Landauova igra. Math. e, 20, pp.37-42. [PDF]
- Šiljak, H., 2010. Teorija haosa u komunikacijama: metode odbrane i napada. In “BIHTEL 2010” – VIII Međunarodni simpozijum o telekomunikacijama. [PDF]
- Glogić, I. and Šiljak, H., 2010. Diferenciranje i integriranje pod znakom integrala. Math. e, 18. [PDF]
- Šiljak, H., 2009. Inverzija. Math. e, 14. [PDF]
- Šiljak, H., 2007. Afine transformacije ravnine. Math. e, 12. [PDF]